Your cart is empty.
Keep up with our latest products, special offers, news and more.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
Your cart is empty.
June 25, 2021 · 6 min read
Patties are ideal as a light meal or just a nourishing snack. This psoriasis diet recipe is flexible because you can freely choose the vegetables to use. You may replace the zucchini and the leek with cauliflower, and the pumpkin with sweet potato. If you prefer to avoid dairy products, use tofu instead of cheese. You can also use white, red, or black quinoa or a mixture of all three.
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups vegetable stock or water
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 onion, roughly chopped
• 250g fresh mushrooms of your choice
• 1 zucchini
• 1 leek
• 1 cup pumpkin or butternut squash or carrot, diced
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp boiling water
• A large handful of fresh herbs of your choice (parsley, chives, coriander, dill)
• 3 large eggs
•3 tbsp grated goat milk or sheep milk cheese (such as Pecorino or Tomme)
• ½ tsp dried chili
• Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and place in a saucepan. Add the stock or water and the salt. Bring to a boil.
• Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and cook for 15 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and keep covered for 15 more minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 180C/GAS 4.
• Cut the vegetables into chunks and pulse them in a food processor until they become coarse crumbs the size of rice grains.
• Transfer the vegetables into a large frying pan and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the boiling water. Cook for 5-7 minutes until tender but still crisp.
• Transfer the vegetables into a large bowl and add the quinoa along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix into a sticky mixture.
• Shape the mass into patties about 3 cm in diameter.
• Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and bake for about 30 minutes until the patties are golden.
• Serve the quinoa and vegetable patties recipe hot or at room temperature.