Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
June 25, 2021 · 6 min read
Rolled oats and nuts bread is the quickest and tastiest you’ll ever eat. No wonder it is titled “addictive”.
The first 4 ingredients are a must, but you can play with the rest. You can change, vary, and produce a variety of flavours with this psoriasis diet meal.
Make sure to let the mixture rest for at least 2 hours before baking. The resting time allows the mixture to solidify and prevents the baked bread from disintegrating and crumbling.
• ¼ cup whole flaxseed
• 4 tbsp psyllium husk
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• 1 ½ cups rolled oats
• ½ cup hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds
• ½ cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
• 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
• 2 dates, stoned and cut into quarters
• 1 ½ cups water
• 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
• 1 tsp sea salt
• Pulse all the ingredients in a food processor to create a coarse mixture, not a paste.
• Lightly oil the loaf tin and spoon the mixture into it. Leave at room temperature for two hours or overnight to allow the mixture to solidify.
• Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas4. Bake for 30 minutes.
• Remove the bread from the tin, place it on a rack and continue baking for 30 minutes.
• Remove from the oven, cool on a rack, and thinly slice when the bread has completely cooled.
• Makes one 25-30cm loaf tin of rolled oats and nuts addictive bread
• The bread will last for up to 5 days when stored in the fridge. You can also freeze it for up to a month.