Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
May 24, 2021 · 6 min read
Almonds and pecan nuts are the stars of this nut balls with dark chocolate and coconut recipe, but you can replace them or add walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, or macadamia nuts. These are all great sources of healthy fats. Dates give sweetness and important addition of fibre.
• 1 cup pecan nuts or hazelnuts
• 1 cup almonds or macadamia or cashew nuts
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 cup desiccated coconut + ¼ cup for coating the balls
• 100g dark chocolate (70% or more), coarsely chopped
• 12 dates, stoned and coarsely chopped
• 1 cup ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tbsp water
• Pulse all the ingredients except for the flaxseed in a food processor until broken into crumbs. Add the flaxseed and process into a sticky mixture.
• Shape the mixture into uniform balls and roll in coconut.
• The nut balls with dark chocolate and coconut will keep in a closed container in the fridge for up to 5 days and up to 1 month in the deep freeze.