Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
September 20, 2021 · 6 min read
The aroma of this dish will take you straight to New Delhi. This works great with our rice casserole with root vegetables and herbs or with other rice dishes in this list of psoriasis diet recipes.
Try to replace the lentils with chickpeas for another tasty and nourishing version.
The dish is finished with fresh spinach leaves, which you can also replace with Swiss chard leaves.
• 1 tsp of each spice: mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ground coriander seeds, ground turmeric
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• Pinch chili
• 2 cups fresh crushed tomatoes
• 2 cups red lentils, rinsed
• About 1 litre vegetable stock or water
• Large bunch of fresh spinach leaves
• Fresh juice from ½ lemon
• Chopped coriander
• Grated lemon zest
• Sheep milk yoghurt (optional)
• Roast the spices in a large sauté pan with coconut oil over low heat for about 1 minute until golden and aromatic.
• Add the salt, onion, ginger, cinnamon, and chili and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
• Add the tomatoes, lentils, and stock or water until covered.
• Cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender and the liquid is absorbed. Add more liquid if necessary.
• Add the spinach leaves and stir.
• Just before serving the Indian style red lentils, check the seasoning. Squeeze lemon juice over the dish, sprinkle the chopped coriander and add the grated lemon zest. It is recommended to accompany the dish with a bowl of sheep milk yoghurt.