Your cart is empty.
Keep up with our latest products, special offers, news and more.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
Your cart is empty.
June 25, 2021 · 6 min read
Healthy Granola snacks are hard to come by. Those bought from the store are often rich in sugar and industrialized components. They’re branded as healthy alternatives but are nowhere near being healthy at all.
It is easy to make tasty, crunchy, and healthy snacks at home, so use this recipe instead of opting for a store-bought granola snack.
This psoriasis diet recipe is flexible. You can try different kinds of nuts and seeds, replace the chocolate with chopped dried fruits (preferably organic), and add different spices such as ginger or cardamom. When changing the recipe, make sure to keep the ratio between dry and wet ingredients.
• 1 ½ cups oats
• 1/3 cup cane sugar
• ½ cup spelt flour
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• ½ cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
• ¼ cup flaxseed or sesame seeds
• ½ cup coarsely chopped almonds or pecan nuts (or a different mixture of nuts)
• ¾ cup chopped dark chocolate (70% or more) or dark chocolate chips
• 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
• ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ cup coconut oil or mild olive oil
• 2 egg whites
• 2 tbsp water
• Preheat the oven to 180C/GAS 4.
• Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: oats, sugar, spelt flour, salt, cinnamon, seeds, nuts, and chocolate.
• Mix the tahini, honey or maple, vanilla, and oil in a small bowl. If the coconut oil is solid, heat it a little to make it fluid. Add the egg whites and water and stir well.
• Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well (easiest to do with wet palms).
• Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Level off and press with wet palms.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
• Remove from the oven and cool before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.
• Makes 20 granola snacks.
• The snacks will last for up to 1 week when stored in a closed container in the fridge.