Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
May 24, 2021 · 6 min read
Make sure to buy organic dried apricots. These are dried without preservatives and are brown in color. Avoid those shiny orange coloured ones because they’ve been sprayed with chemicals that can be harmful to your health. This dried apricots almonds and pistachios recipe can make you up to 20-25 balls.
Feel free to replace the almonds with walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts, or macadamia nuts.
• ½ cup organic dried apricots, chopped
• 1 cup almonds
• 1 cup chopped pistachios
• ½ cup sunflower seeds
• 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• ½ tsp grated lemon zest
• 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
• Desiccated coconut or ground pistachios for coating the balls
• Tip the apricots into a small bowl and soak in hot water for 10 minutes, until somewhat softened. Strain to remove excess water.
• Pulse the almonds, pistachios, and sunflower seeds in a food processor until they form into small crumbs. Add the apricots and the rest of the ingredients and pulse until thick and sticky.
• Shape the mixture into uniform balls and roll in coconut or pistachios.
• The dried apricots almonds and pistachios balls will last up to 5 days when stored in a closed container in the fridge. If frozen, they’ll up to a month.