Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
May 21, 2021 · 6 min read
The combination of courgette, garlic, and dill is a classic favorite. Turmeric adds a subtle spicy flavour, and the olive oil makes for a smooth texture, enabling better absorption of all the vitamins. That’s what makes the cold cream of courgette soup a fabulous recipe.
• 2 courgettes or zucchinis, thickly sliced
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tsp ground curry
• ½ tsp ground turmeric
• ½ tsp sea salt
• Pinch of coarsely ground black pepper
• A handful of chopped fresh dill
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 150 ml Sheep or goats milk yoghurt (for a vegan version: coconut yoghurt)
• Place the courgettes or zucchinis, onion, garlic, spices, salt, and pepper in a soup pot. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
• Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and cook for 5 minutes. Do not overcook so that the vegetables retain their crispness.
• Transfer the contents of the pot into a bowl. Add the dill and cool for 10 minutes.
• Pour ½ cup cold water into a blender and add the olive oil and yoghurt. Add the vegetables and liquid from the bowl and blend into a smooth puree. Transfer into a container and chill for at least 5 hours.
• Spoon the cold soup into glasses or soup bowls and serve.
(Serves the cold cream of courgette soup to 6 to 8 persons)