Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
May 24, 2021 · 6 min read
A variation of the classic American carrot cake with a mixture of carrot and zucchini, that is still sweet and soft. Feel free to vary the ratios of zucchini and carrot for this psoriasis diet recipe.
• 3 large eggs
• ½ cup mild olive oil
• ¾-1 cup light brown sugar
• 1 cup natural yoghurt or sour cream
• 400 g zucchinis and carrots (not peeled), grated or pulsed into small crumbs
• 1 cup spelt flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• 1 cup instant oats
• ½ cup desiccated coconut
• ¼ cup freshly ground poppy seed (optional)
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp vanilla extract or Cointreau or almond liqueur
• Grated orange zest (optional)
• ½ tsp ground cardamom (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 180C/GAS 4 and grease the tins.
• Whisk the eggs, oil, and sugar in the bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth.
• Pour the mixture of the carrot, zucchini, and almond cake into the prepared tins and bake for 30 minutes until the cakes are golden. Insert a skewer in the centre and make sure it comes out clean with some wet crumbs.
• (For two 25-30cm loaf tins)