Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
June 25, 2021 · 6 min read
Baked oats with red fruit and almonds are a golden, warm, and tasty morning treat. It can be prepared ahead of time, which makes it an excellent choice for breakfast.
The recipe is versatile as you can make it with a large range of flavours and garnishes. You can also bake it in muffin cases for individual servings (and shorten the baking time accordingly).
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 2 cups coconut milk
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
• 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter + 1 tsp to oil the tin
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 cup red fruit (frozen if out of season)
• 1/3 cup chopped almonds
• 1 grated apple + 1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts + 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
• 2 bananas, thinly sliced or mashed + 1/3 cup chopped pecan nuts
• ¼ cup dark (70% or more) chocolate chips + 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• Preheat the oven to 180C/GAS 4 and grease the tin with 1 tsp oil or butter.
• Place the oats in a bowl. Add the milk and set aside for 5 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the milk.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. If you like, replace the red fruit and almonds with one of the other garnish suggestions.
• Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes until the bake is set and golden.
• Serve warm or at room temperature.
• For one 20cm square tin of baked oats with red fruit and almonds.
• This will last for up to 3 days when stored in a closed container in the fridge.