Your cart is empty.
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Just leave your name and email. A member of the Medovie team will be in touch soon. If you’d like to DM us, that works too.
September 20, 2021 · 6 min read
Baked falafel balls are best served hot and straight from the oven, but you may also prepare them ahead of time and take them to the office or for a day trip.
Unlike fried falafel balls made of chickpeas that have only been soaked, this uses pre-cooked chickpeas. Soak and cook dried chickpeas (see Spicy Chickpeas recipe) or use pre-cooked or frozen chickpeas.
• 2 cups cooked chickpeas + 3tbsp of the cooking liquid
• 1 cup pistachio nuts
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• ½ red onion
• ½ bunch parsley, coriander, or a mixture of both
• 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
• 1 tbsp chickpea flour or lentil flour or white flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp sea salt
• Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas4 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Pulse the chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor until they form into a sticky paste.
• With wet palms, shape the mixture into balls the size of ping-pong balls. Place on the baking sheet and flatten the balls slightly.
• Bake for about 30 minutes until the balls are set and lightly golden.
Serve with tahini (sesame seed paste), chopped tomatoes, and roasted peppers.
• Makes 30 balls of baked falafel balls with pistachios and herbs
• Want a variation? Use butter beans.